CRM Market Share Leaders
• Salesforce.com - is the most popular cloud-based CRM software, claiming 14.8% of the entire CRM software market. According to Trefis, Salesforce’s market share is expected to reach around 24% by the end of 2018. In its Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2012 Financial Results released in late February 2012, Salesforce stated that it had 100,000+ customers.
• Microsoft Dynamics CRM - Analysts expect the total revenue from Dynamics CRM and ERP to reach $2.5 billion by the end of 2018. Microsoft’s Convergence 2012 event revealed current CRM user numbers: 2.25 million users and 33,000 customers, with an average implementation size of 68 users. (Source: Microsoft)
• SAP - has over 30,000 customers and over 2 million users. They also have 12,000 partners to assist them. SAP’s market share is expected to stand at 20% by the end of 2018.
• SugarCRM - SugarCRM is the leading provider of open-source CRM software. The company has more than 7,000 customers and over half a million users around the globe.
• A look back and projections - Take a look at the graph below for the CRM market’s recent history and estimates of future market share from Trefis.
Check out our new, 2013 U.S. CRM Market Share survey
CRM Market Share: CRM Social, CRM Geography, and CRM Industries
• Analysts suspect that in 2012, social CRM will account for 8% of all CRM spending.
• North America is the largest market for CRM software, estimated to reach at least $10 billion in 2012. Europe and Asia follow close behind. Within Europe, the U.K. is at the forefront of CRM market growth. China leads growth within Asia.
• The telecommunications industry leads with the most CRM customers, followed by the energy/utilities sector and financial services. However, healthcare and public services are expected to surpass the telecommunications industry soon.